Hearing about the struggles of children in foster care can be heartbreaking, but not everyone has the resources to become a foster parent. Fortunately, there are many other ways to make a difference!
Here are some actions to help a child in need:
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate – CASA volunteers advocate for the safety and well-being of children in foster care and work to ensure that they are placed in a permanent, loving home.
- Become A Mentor – Share your wisdom and friendship with a deserving child!
- Offer Advice to Youth – LifeSet Network aims to provide a support system to those aging out of foster care, and embarking into early adulthood.
- Offer Pro Bono Services – If you have a profession that can be of help to foster children, offer your services pro bono.
- Donate a Laptop – Foster children often aren’t able to afford necessary items like laptops when they go to college. Help put a worthy student on the path to success!
- Donate Items to a Foster Care Drive – It is important for a child to have something to call their own. Donate new toys, school supplies, and clothes at a foster care drive.
- Grant a Wish – Make a dream come true for an underprivileged child!
- Help Fund Grants – Children in foster care often lack access to extracurricular activities. Grants provide them with opportunities to become well-rounded students!
- Send A Care Package – Many former foster children face tremendous challenges that their peers don’t, including the lack of social support and lack of a familial safety net. A care package can provide essential support for a struggling young adult.
These are just a few ways in which you can have a positive impact on the life of a foster child. Conduct a quick Google search for more great ideas to help a child in need!